Tuesday, August 27, 2013

With Hope, The Odds Don't Matter


Heather Von St. James is a Mesothelioma survivor. Mesothelioma is a form of lung cancer and is most commonly caused by exposure to asbestos. If you do some research, you will learn that the survival rate is very low...as it is for most forms of cancer.

Heather is a survivor. She contacted me and shared her story, and in turn i'd like to share it with you. Heather was diagnosed with mesothelioma at age 36, when her daughter was 3&1/2 months old.  She is now a 7-year survivor and works toward building the awareness of mesothelioma, and most of all, inspiring people to fight and never give up hope. Here's a link to her full story.

Since Heather contacted a couple days ago, I have been thinking a lot about how grateful I am for my and my family's health. I could never imagine anything happening to my children or husband and feel extremely blessed to be living what is truly a charmed life. These feelings of gratitude make me more sensitive to those who do suffer from illness or disease of any kind.

I hope and pray that my family never experiences the kind of trial that Heather Von St. James and her family did. But if for some reason, its in God's plan for us...I hope even more that we grow closer together as a result. Whatever the outcome.

So for today, my thoughts and prayers are with those suffering the effects of Mesothelioma. Keep up your spirits, send up your prayers, and never give up hope.




Btw...the ribbon color for Mesothelioma is Pearl. My Charlotte and I decorated these cupcakes with that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment